Author Notes: Delightful and colorful appetizer. —Amy Kisling
Makes: 20 mushrooms
Medium Onion, finely chopped
tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
cups Fresh Spinach
Cremini Mushrooms, stems removes
Salt and pepper
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Turn oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium sauce pan, saute onions in olive oil over medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add garlic to sauce pan. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to sauce pan. Saute until wilted.
- In a bowl, combine spinach mixture and avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each mushroom with avocado and spinach mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mushrooms can be served warm or room temperature.