If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple slaw celebrates the fall harvest by utilizing the entire bunch of rainbow chard. The leaves are crisp and creamy, while the pickled stems add a tart, peppery bite that will brighten up your meal. —Matt Heffernan
- 1 bunch Rainbow chard
- 1 Shallot
- 1 cup Cider vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Strip the leaves from your rainbow chard.
- Chop the chard stems into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the shallot.
- Bring the vinegar, water, salt, and honey to a boil in a small sauce pan and remove from the heat.
- Add your chard stems and shallot to the boiling pickling liquid and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the chard leaves into thin ribbons.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to create a dressing.
- Dress your slaw by combining the chard ribbons with the dressing in a large serving bowl and tossing together.
- Drain the pickled chard stems and incorporate them to your slaw.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side