If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Little Gem Salad
- 3 heads Little Gem lettuce, well washed, halved, and soaked again
- 1/2 pound good quality bacon
- 7 tablespoons crème fraîche and salsa verde dressing
- Flaky salt
- Dry the lettuce well by rolling it gently in dry paper towels or kitchen towels. Place the lettuce halves in an "X" pattern on six plates.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes before adding the bacon. Turn the heat down to low and toss occasionally while crisping up the strips, approximately 10 minutes.
- Reserve the bacon on a paper towel-covered plate, then mix the dressing.
- Drizzle a hearty dose of the dressing over each plate of lettuce, then finish with the crispy bacon and a pinch of flaky salt.
Crème Fraîche and Salsa Verde Dressing
- 4 cups loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 red wine vinegar
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Finely chop the parsley, arugula, and mint, mixing them in a large bowl with the olive oil and a generous seasoning of salt to taste.
- Mix the shallot with the red wine vinegar and a hearty dose of fresh black pepper in a separate mixing bowl.
- Allow for the shallots to macerate in the vinegar for 10 minutes while the greens break down in the oil.
- Add the shallot mixture to the greens and mix well with a fork, adjusting the seasoning as desired. Salsa verde should be full flavored and well-seasoned, but highly acidic.
- Mix the crème fraîche, water, 2 tablespoons of the salsa verde, olive oil, and lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together gently until the ingredients come together.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!