If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kabbouleh salad with kale, crumbled cauliflower, puffed rice, currants and aleppo pepper —julia sherman
- 1 cup chopped curly kale
- 1 / 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 / 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon scallion
- 1 / 2 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 / 4 cups olive oil
- To make the Crispy Rice, spread cooked brown rice out in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Let it dry on the counter for 6 hours.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2” of GMO free Canola oil until bubbling. Fry the brown rice until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a few layers of paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Combine 2 cups of red wine vinegar with a pinch of sugar and salt to taste, thyme and a smashed garlic clove. Add 1 cup of currants. Bring up to boil and let sit until currants are plump. When cool, strain off liquid and save for dressing.
- In a separate dish, add 2 tbs of the vinegar from the currants, olive oil, salt and pepper, whisk to combine completely.
- Take a quarter of raw cauliflower and place, roughly chopped, into the Cuisinart and pulse until finely chopped.
- Take a head of curly green kale (washed and dried), and remove the ribs. Place the Kale leaves in a Cuisinart and pulse until crossly chopped.
- Chop 1 scallion finely, including the green top. Chop 1 Persian cucumber into 1/4” triangles.
- Pick pomegranate seeds from fruit and add to bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together, add dressing, and adjust seasoning. Adding any additional components that you may desire.