If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shredded raw brussel sprouts with pecorino, lemon and olive oil. This is a hearty raw salad, which works well as a packed lunch since the brussel sprouts won't wilt. —julia sherman
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts, end trimmed
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 / 4 cups pecorino romano
- 1 / 4 cups toasted pine nuts
- Wash and dry brussels sprouts. Cut off the bottom of each one and discard. With a sharp knife, hold sprout with flat side down on cutting board and slice each sprout as thinly as possible. You can use a mandolin for this, but be careful!
- Mince shallot and garlic clove, add to sprouts. Squeeze juice of one lemon over sprouts and drizzle with olive oil and stir until the greens are well-coated. Crack pepper and sea salt on top.
- Using a micro-grater, grate cheese on top of salad, toss to combine. Add as much cheese as you fancy.
- Optional: toast a few pine nuts and toss them on top.