If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s cold, it’s windy, it’s dark... but this soup gives me something to look forward to – COMFORT & WARMTH!! Every single drop of soup from your bowl will be slurped and drunk and will leave you feeling satisfied. —Cle-ann
PROVISIONS / GARNISH OPTIONS
- 4 cups gf chicken stock
- 1 carrot
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp dashi miso
- 2 handfuls fresh bahn lot noodles
- Bean shoots
- Chilli oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 fresh shitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 250g firm tofu, chopped
- 10g dried porcini
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- Soak porcini in a bowl with about 1 cup of boiling water.
- In a medium pot, add your stock and bring to simmer. While you’re waiting, chop carrot into large chunks, slice your ginger, and crush your garlic using the blade of your knife.
- Add your carrot, ginger, garlic, rice wine and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer.
- When your porcini is cool enough to touch, squeeze out the liquid with your hand. Chop your porcini; set aside. Pour the remaining porcini water into your stock.
- While your stock is simmering, heat a wok or frypan on a medium heat. Add sesame oil, then add mushroom, garlic, chilli, tofu, chopped porcini and stir fry until dry. Add black sesame and tamari, stir to coat mix, turn off heat and set aside.
- To make the slow eggs, place cling film over a cup, and crack 1 egg into it. Gather up the sides and secure with an elastic band. Repeat with the second egg. Drop the eggs into your simmering stock for 3-4 minutes and cook until egg white is firm. Remove and cool slightly.
- To assemble, take your stock off the heat. Stir through your dashi miso. Add your noodles into the bottom of your serving bowl. Pour over stock, spoon on your ‘mince’, remove egg from cling wrap and pop on top. Garnish with bean shoots, watercress, coriander and chilli oil. Slurp. Share