cups bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, crusts left on
tablespoons salted butter
cups celery, roughly chopped
cloves garlic, finely diced
cups parsley, leaves picked from stem
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat melt the butter then add the bread. Toast on all sides, tossing frequently to attain even coloring. This can be done in batches.
- Once the bread is evenly toasted, about five minutes, add to a large mixing bowl with the celery and garlic.
- Toss well and place in a baking dish or casserole. Bake for 35 minutes, adding water from time to time to keep the stuffing moist.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Return the stuffing to a mixing bowl, add parsley leaves, fresh ground pepper and onions from the turkey dish. Check for salt and add as needed, serve hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!