If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cooking is an art and your dish should be like a great piece of art. If it's great, it will have tension and contrast as well as harmonious elements. A contrast of textures, colors and flavors make the best dishes, and I'm happy to say this Escarole with Currants, Pine Nuts, and Garlic does all that and more! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 1 small head of escarole, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet, add the garlic and cover and sweat for 5 – 7 minutes on low heat. Do not let it brown.
- Turn up the heat and sauté the escarole, flipping the garlic on top so it doesn’t burn. Add the pine nuts so they can toast.
- After a few minutes, when the escarole is still crisp with the dark green leaves wilted, stir in the currents, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with love.