If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious takeout favorite that can be made in just 30 minutes at home! A perfect seafood dish that's healthy and flavorful. —Mealime
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch green onions (scallions)
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1/2 pound raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Rinse rice in a stainer until water runs clear and transfer to a small saucepan. Add 1 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and uncover to cool.
- If using frozen shrimp, place in a medium bowl, cover with cold water, and set aside to thaw. If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.
- Wash and dry bell pepper and green onions. Seed and small dice pepper. Trim and discard root ends and slice green onions diagonally into small pieces. Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Peel and mince garlic.
- Cut skin off pineapple, core, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Place on paper towels and pat dry.
- Coat bottom of skillet with 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to stove and add 1/2 tbsp more oil. Add bell pepper and red onion and, stirring frequently, cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Toss rice into a colander to drain off any excess water.
- Add garlic, ¾ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing), and crushed red pepper to skillet. Stir and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and fish sauce. Cook until heated through and well combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and any juices, pineapple, cashews, and soy sauce.
- To serve, place rice on a plate or in a bowl and garnish with remaining green onions. Enjoy!