If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The garlicky and lemony combination is quite charming. The tanginess of the lemon beautifully offset the boldness of the garlic. The heaviness of the pasta is balanced with the freshness of the peppery arugula. Lastly, the toasted pine nuts adds a nice crunch while the pecorino is delightful salty and nutty.
Full original post: http://www.themessimake.com/home/lemony-bucatinni-with-wilted-arugula —themessimake.com
- About 25 sticks of spaghetti or fettuccine. I used bucatini. (Alternatively, you can use 1 cup of uncooked pasta of your choice.)
- 2-3 cups arugula (add more if you want)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 + 1 teaspoons sea salt, plus 1 tsp to salt the pasta water (adjust per your taste preference)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust per your taste preference)
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (Alternatively, you can use toasted walnuts or toasted slivered almonds)
- Pecorino Romano or Parmiagano Reggiano for garnish
- Add 1 tsp salt to a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add pasta to the water and cook per the manufacturer's instructions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water.
- In a pan, heat olive oil on medium-low heat, add garlic (you may want to lower the heat or take the pan off the heat so the garlic doesn't burn). Stir constantly for about 20-30 seconds.
- In the same pan as the garlic, on medium-low heat, add cooked pasta, arugula, lemon juice, reserved pasta water, salt, black pepper, and stir well. Cover and let it sit for about a minute, stirring halfway through.
- Serve warm topped with toasted pine nuts and Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles