If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick, low carb meal that every veggie lover will fall for. If the weather is nice, you can even make them on the grill and get some of that deep smoke flavor. —Jimmy Hoxie
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Frozen, Chopped, Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Portabella Mushroom Caps, rubbed clean with a damp paper towel
- 4 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, Julienne, not packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts
- Place the rack in the lowest setting in the oven and Preheat to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish or sheet pan.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is shimmering and hot, add the onion and stir. Once the onions have softened, add the garlic and stir. When the garlic is fragrant, add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and spinach. Stir well so that flavor of the onions and garlic permeate the spinach. Remove the pan from the eye.
- Place the mushroom caps bottoms up on the baking dish or sheet pan. Fill each cap with the spinach mixture, top with the mozzarella cheese, and place the pan into the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Scatter the sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts over the pizzas and serve hot.