If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by a dish that I regularly ate while living in Italy and it has become my back pocket barbecue recipe. It is the perfect summer salad. Stop by your local farmers market to buy your zucchini and arugula. With so few ingredients, using the freshest ones really does make a difference. This salad is excellent warm or at room temperature and perfect for days when it is just too hot to cook. —Emily Schostack
Serves 4, as a side
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 3 zucchini, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick lengthwise
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Make the balsamic reduction: Combine balsamic vinegar and sweetener in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally. You are done when your liquid is about half its original volume and appears syrupy. Set aside
- Grill the zucchini: Preheat your grill to medium. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill zucchini on both sides until just tender.
- Assemble: While the zucchini is still warm, cut it into bite size pieces and mix with the arugula. You want the zucchini to slightly wilt the greens. Top with the pine nuts and drizzle with desired amount of balsamic reduction.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer