If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salad get texture in this hearty dish- the perfect blend of textures and flavors. It'll become your new favorite! —Chrissy
For the salad:
- 1 cup arugula, washed
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 Mission figs, stems removed, and quartered
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus a bit more for the figs
- pinches salt
- pinches coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with the figs and coat them with about 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for no longer than 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and water and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has cooked.
- n a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
- n a large bowl, add the arugula, cooked figs, cooked quinoa, blue cheese, hazelnuts, and parsley. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper, and toss thoroughly to coat.