If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect substitute for a traditional salad in the summer. Consider making it the night before you want to eat it, so that it is completely cold. Served chilled. —Alchemist
- 1 cup uncooked, brown rice
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded spinach, stem removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook the brown rice according to the recipe on back of bag or box.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium high. Add vegetable oil then add garlic cloves. Saute the garlic cloves for 2 minutes.
- When garlic has browned, add the shrimp to the pan and saute until shrimp becomes pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- When rice has finished cooking, in a large bowl combine the rice, shrimp, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Cover with plastic and chill until ready to serve (at least one hour). Top with lime juice before you serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad