If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken breasts with artichokes, pancetta, and white wine make this Italian dish with exceptional flavors. —All that's Jas
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup canned or frozen artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or bacon
- 1/2 thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the larger chicken breast pieces in half crosswise. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Whisk flour and broth in a small bowl; set aside.
- Remove chicken from the marinade; season the chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add pancetta, shallots and rosemary; cook until shallots are tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine to the pan and cook, deglazing the pan, until liquid almost evaporates, about 5 minutes or less. Stir in broth mixture and bring to simmer. Add artichoke hearts (thawed if using frozen) to the pan. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining lemon juice and parsley.
- Add chicken to the pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with more parsley if desired. Serve with rice or pasta to sop up the rich sauce.