If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These toasts are fresh, crunchy, and smooth with the labne. I just love the combo. Plus, they look so pretty. —Virginie Degryse
Food52 Review: I couldn't find labne in the store so ended up getting my labne from a restaurant. Not sure if this would affect the taste, but my labne seemed to have some garlic in it. That being said, this was delicious. I had 3 of them, even though I was full. I loved the herb addition to the labne (which, I imagine, would taste even better the next day. I wouldn't know, I ate it all). I especially loved the fact that she threw the chopped basil on top. That really let the basil come through as a high note. Loved the multigrain bread. Tried it with some pita and it just wasn't the same. The pine nuts and microgreens added not just taste notes, but texture notes, too. This was crispy, cheesy, yummy goodness. —Dawne Marie
- 1 cup labne
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- Olive, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pieces toasted multigrain bread
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch microgreens
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Mix the labne with chives and parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spread on the toasts, add slices of cucumber, microgreens, pine nuts, and chopped basil.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!