If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found some rib-eye steaks on sale at our local market, so I decided to try pan searing and oven roasting them. I thought I had gone completely crazy when I said to myself I wasn't going to grill a rib-eye. However, the final result was a very tender, moist, juicy and flavor-filled steak. So good I would even dare say it rivaled a grilled steak. Yes. I said it. Begin throwing stones at me. —Chris Hunnicutt
Prep time: 2 hrs 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
tablespoon Kosher Salt
teaspoons Black Pepper
teaspoons Garlic Powder
- I took the steaks a couple of hours before cooking and sprinkled about 1 tsp of kosher salt on them and wrapped them in parchment paper. I placed them in the fridge for about 2 hours. This will pull excess moisture from the meat.
- Take the steaks out of the fridge an remove paper. Pat dry. Mix all dry spices and salt together. Sprinkle lightly on each side of steaks (about half of dry mixture) . Let set at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While you are waiting, take some whole mushrooms, sprinkle with olive oil and place in a toaster oven for those twenty minutes. On minute 10, season with salt and pepper, just a light sprinkle.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and heat up your cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Sprinkle remaining dry seasonings on steaks evenly. Sear each side of the steaks for two minutes per side. Place in the oven. Let cook in oven for 2 minutes, then turn oven off. Let steaks cook another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Take steaks out and let rest. While they are resting, take pan you seared the steaks in and turn on medium heat. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp salt and pepper, and 1 tsp lemon juice. Add 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. When all incorporated place 1 tbsp butter and turn heat off. Mix until butter has melted.
- Plate steak and place mushrooms on top, then top with cream sauce. Serve with veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame