If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad has great savory/sweet flavors. I really like enjoying it with a hearty, toasted multi grain baguette (topped with a bit of parm). The light dressing really brings out the flavor of the fresh veggies. —Mariya
6 oz zucchini
cup sherry vinegar
tablespoons Grand Marnier
packed cup fresh arugula
Granny Smith apple-peeled and diced small
ounces red onion-thinly sliced
ounces brie cheese-cut into 1/2 inch cubes
tablespoons dried cranberries
tablespoons toasted walnuts
and freshly ground black pepper-to taste
tablespoons the best olive oil you can get your hands on
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut it in half; using a mandoline, thinly slice the zucchini halves; stack the zucchini slices on top of each other and thinly cut them lengthwise.
- Pour vinegar and Grand Marnier into a small sauce pan; reduce, over medium-low heat, until the mixture thickens (and reduces by a bit more than half).
- Lay arugula into a salad bowl and add apples.
- Top with zucchini, red onion, cheese, cranberries, walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the sherry vinegar reduction and olive oil over the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe