Author Notes: Simple and stunning. I love the fresh flavours this recipe delivers. Be warned, don't attempt it without fresh corn - you will miss the va va voom.......and that's not what you want. You could always vary the herb combination and add/take away - it is an adaptable recipe which we've enjoyed with grilled fish, burgers and lentils on different occasions. This recipe was adapted from a 'delicious' mag recipe. Their version - made with a lot of oil, chickpeas and a combination of mint and parsley. —Kitchen Butterfly
2 ears of fresh corn on the cob, shucked and ready to go
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped up
1 fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped up
1/2 red paprika, finely chopped up
Finely grated zest and juice of a lime
1 -2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
A handful fresh basil, finely chopped
Optional - green scallions to garnish and basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Heat up a grill pan on medium . When hot, brush on some oil and place corn on. Let cook lightly and turn around after 30 seconds, till the corn changes colour from yellow to just golden - you know what I mean, about 3 -4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and using a sharp knife, strip the cobs of their kernels, cutting as close to the cob as possible, without getting the cob itself!
- Heat up remaining oil in another pan (sorry) and gently cook the shallots, chili pepper, paprika, lime zest for a couple of minutes til soft but not coloured.
- Add the corn kernels, stir well and take off the heat. Stir in the chili sauce and herbs. Season to taste.
- Also delicious served on top of light toasts, Brie eggs, crostini style
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil