If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious, velvety soup that good hot or cold... it has bacon on it! —Mas Appetit
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 head of broccoli (florets separated)
- 2 carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 2 handfuls spinach/arugula mix
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled & smashed)
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons roasted chicken bouillon
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon (chopped & cooked till crispy)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 splash sherry vinegar
- crumbled goat cheese
- Koser salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium stock pot add water, broccoli, carrots, spinach/arugula mix, garlic, onions, bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until contents are just cooked through.
- Pour everything from the pot into a blender and blend until the soup has achieved a smooth consistency.
- Move to a serving bowl, stir in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once ready to serve, ladle into a bowl and top with goat cheese cheese, bacon, and a dash of sherry vinegar.