Author Notes: You may use any combination of chard, kale, or both. I created this for my family from local greens and used sunflowers for texture as my youngest child can't eat nuts. —Emily Franklin
- 3 tablespoons Olive OIl
- 1 1/2 pounds Chard and/or Kale, washed, trimmed and cut into smallish pieces
- dashes salt
- dashes pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 400.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add greens, dusting with salt and pepper as the greens wilt. Remove from heat after 3-5 minnutes and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix egg, cheese, and flour. Add vinegar and stir.
- Add greens and sunflower seeds to egg mixture and combine well.
- Grease a springform pan (8 or 9 inch) or a tart pan.
- Spread the mixture into the pan, pressing down firmly and making sure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until egg is set and cheese is melted. Let pan sit for a couple of minutes before removing springform ring. Cut into slices and serve warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens