If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On this recipe you can use any type of sausage that you want. Also feel free to add any herbs that sound good to you for the cheese mixture. There are a thousand different combination's for this recipe. —bmatth73
Serves: 9 pieces
tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Clove, minced
tablespoons Sausage, Jimmy Deans All Natural
tablespoon Oregano, Dried
tablespoon Basil, Dried
- If the peppadews are canned then remove and drain them. Remove the seeds inside the peppadew if you do not want them to be to spicy.
- In a small pan cook the sausage for 2 - 3 min on medium heat. You do not need to cook the sausage completely just get it started the oven will finish the rest. Cut the sausage up into 9 equal pieces.
- In a microwave safe dish combine the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, shallot, and garlic and mix together. Cover the dish and then microwave for 20 - 30 seconds to melt everything together
- Now add the oregano and basil to the cheese and mix together
- Stuff the peppadew peppers with the cheese mixture and then add the sausage on top. Repeat this step for all 9 peppers.
- With the oven off, place the stuffed peppadew peppers into the oven about 4 - 5 inches from the top grill, and then turn the oven on broil. If you have a toaster oven you can use this as well. Broil the stuffed peppers for 3 - 5 min or until the top of the sausage and cheese has browned at little bit.
- Remove from the oven and let the peppers cool a little bit before serving. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish