Author Notes: On this recipe you can use any type of sausage that you want. Also feel free to add any herbs that sound good to you for the cheese mixture. There are a thousand different combination's for this recipe. —bmatth73
Serves: 9 pieces
tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Clove, minced
tablespoons Sausage, Jimmy Deans All Natural
tablespoon Oregano, Dried
tablespoon Basil, Dried
- If the peppadews are canned then remove and drain them. Remove the seeds inside the peppadew if you do not want them to be to spicy.
- In a small pan cook the sausage for 2 - 3 min on medium heat. You do not need to cook the sausage completely just get it started the oven will finish the rest. Cut the sausage up into 9 equal pieces.
- In a microwave safe dish combine the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, shallot, and garlic and mix together. Cover the dish and then microwave for 20 - 30 seconds to melt everything together
- Now add the oregano and basil to the cheese and mix together
- Stuff the peppadew peppers with the cheese mixture and then add the sausage on top. Repeat this step for all 9 peppers.
- With the oven off, place the stuffed peppadew peppers into the oven about 4 - 5 inches from the top grill, and then turn the oven on broil. If you have a toaster oven you can use this as well. Broil the stuffed peppers for 3 - 5 min or until the top of the sausage and cheese has browned at little bit.
- Remove from the oven and let the peppers cool a little bit before serving. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish