If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 tablespoons oil (plus 1-2 tbsp for caramelizing pear for decoration)
- 1/2 (about 250g) celeriac peeled and medium diced
- 2 inside light green celery stalks (about 250 g) medium diced
- 1 ripe pear about 200-250g peeled, cored and diced (plus one pear for garnish)
- 100 grams peeled ready to eat chestnut
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper ground
- 4 cups vegetable stock (water will work too)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the shallots celery, celeriac and ginger, saute for 5 minutes, then add the pear and chestnut and sate for another 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and season with salt and with pepper. Bring the soup to boil, lower heat and let simmer for 20- 25 minutes or until the celery is soft.
- Let cool for few minutes and using the blender puree soup.
- Reheat, check for seasoning and serve.
- For decoration; peel, core and slice pear and sate in a frying pan with 2 tbsp oil for 3-4 minutes in a single layer and not overcrowded. Use celery hearts for decoration too.