If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy springtime twist on avocado toast. this asparagus spread is also great as a chip dip or pasta sauce —AnnieCate
- 1 pound asparagus
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup northern white beans
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- coconut oil
- lemon zest and black pepper
- Prepare an ice bath in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and throw them away. Cut off the tips and set them aside for later.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a wide, deep skillet. Add the lemon juice.
- Once the asparagus is cooled, puree it with the white beans, shallot, tbsp of lemon juice, and salt.
- Dry out the skillet that you blanched the asparagus in. Ad a little coconut oil and let it melt over medium heat. Slice in some garlic. Fry the asparagus tips for about 3-4 minutes. Salt immediately.
- To serve, spread the asparagus puree on toast and sprinkle with the asparagus tips, lemon zest, a freshly grated black pepper. A pinch of two of salt, maybe.
trompe l'oeil eggs
- yellow grape tomatoes
- cashew cream
- Pipe a little cashew cream onto the toast. Slice a bit off of the tomato and put it in the center of the cream.