If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These amazing carrot ginger pancakes are huge on flavor with lots of spice. Best of all, they're vegetarian and gluten free delights as a side, appetizer or light lunch! —Leigh Suznovich
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 dash Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing the griddle
- Take the grated carrot, garlic and ginger and squeeze them with a paper towel to get out the excess moisture. Combine them in a large bowl with the dill, egg, yogurt, quinoa flour, coriander, turmeric, salt, black pepper and Sriracha. Stir the mixture thoroughly until it is a uniform batter.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 or a griddle pan over medium high heat. Lightly grease it with the butter. Use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to scoop perfect sized dollops of the batter onto the griddle. Flatten each of them gently with the back of the scoop into pancakes. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side in 2 batches of 6. This recipe yields 12 little pancakes using the 1.5 inch scoop measurement.
- Move the first batch to a plate when they are cooked and cover them with foil to keep them warm while the second batch cooks. When the pancakes are all done, serve them immediately as an amazing appetizer, light lunch or side dish! Enjoy!