If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love spinach and artichoke dip – maybe a little too much if I’m honest. It’s almost an addiction. My husband knows that’s the only shareable appetizer at a restaurant I won’t share and he doesn’t come near it. This delicious spinach and artichoke dip in a grilled cheese sandwich will satisfy two cravings at once! —All that's Jas
- 6 cups fresh babu spinach leaves, chopped
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded or sliced mozzarella
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread
- butter for spreading
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 20-30 seconds. Toss in spinach and sauté until just wilted, about two minutes. Add the artichokes, salt and pepper, then sauté until heated through, about two minutes. Drain off any liquid from the skillet and stir in sour cream.
- Spread butter on one side of each of bread pieces. Heat a griddle pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place pieces of bread on the griddle, buttered side down. Spread some shredded cheese, the spinach artichoke filling and some more cheese. Top with the other piece of bread buttered side faced up. When the bottom is browned, flip the sandwich and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.