If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because I’m used to, and love, cooking for someone else, whenever I have to cook for myself I feel a little bit lost and think it’s not worth the effort. Therefore, I usually just eat a soup, sometimes I make a sandwich, but very rarely I cook from scratch. However, this time I wanted something different and this quinoa salad with the spring snow peas was a delicious alternative to the usual bowl of soup. Moreover, although I’ve ended with two small pots and a frying pan to wash, it is so simple to put together that I didn’t even thought I was cooking just for myself. This isn’t even an actual recipe. It’s more of an idea about putting together some good ingredients and having a nutritious, comforting lunch, or dinner, on the table in only 20 minutes. —Paula | my common table
For the salad
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful of snow peas
- 1 egg
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 50 grams feta cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a small pot, add the quinoa, a cup of water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to the minimum and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa absorbs all water.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the snow peas for 2 to 3 minutes on high heat. They should be slightly toasted but still have some texture.
- Put another small saucepan on the stove, add water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Break the egg into a bowl or cup and carefully pour it into the boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
- On the serving plate, place cooked quinoa, sautéed peas, raw spinach and poached egg. Crumble the feta cheese on top and drizzle with the sauce. Serve right away.