If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spring Green Soba Noodle Salad is a refreshing vegan salad for hot days with minimal cooking. —VibrantPlate
- 140 grams soba noodles
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame or other oil
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves graflic, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed wasabi peanuts (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with a pinch of salt and then add soba noodles. Reduce heat to medium and cook according to package instructions, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool down completely.
- Peel and dice shallot, peel and julienne carrot and zucchini (I used a julienne peeler that saves a ton of time). Heat a pan and add a bit of oil. When hot, add shallot, carrots and zucchini to the pan, and stir fry for a minute, so as the vegetables soften a bit. Season with salt & pepper to taste, then add peas and stir-fry another minute.
- Prepare dressing: in a bowl add soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, juice of 1 lime, agave syrup, ginger and some minced garlic. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Place soba noodles in a salad bowl, add the stir-fry vegetables and shredded cabbage and top with the dressing. Combine well (I used my hands), then serve topped with some black sesame seeds and crushed wasabi peanuts for a little bit of heat.