Author Notes: Easy one skillet meal, gluten and dairy free and oh so hearty. —Alexa Federico
package of bacon
apples, peeled & diced
cups chopped curly kale
cups previously cooked lentils
In This Recipe
- Cut the bacon into 1″ pieces and add to a large hot pan.
- Once the bacon is mostly cooked, add in the diced apples.
- After a few minutes, add the diced shallots, stirring everything together.
- When the shallots are translucent and the apples are softening, add the chopped curly kale.
- Once the kale is wilting, mix in the precooked lentils. Stir thoroughly and let the ingredients marry for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl or 2-3 individual bowls.