If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the holidays, this dish has become a classic. With all the flavors of the more dominant dishes, this recipe is simple and elegant. Based on the french classic combining peas and lettuce, this take combines peas, spinach and shallots for a bright and beautiful side dish on your holiday table. —ashleychasesdinner
tablespoon olive oil
small shallots- sliced thin
garlic cloves- sliced thin
cups fresh peas or one 14 oz. bag frozen peas ( not thawed)
ounces bag of fresh spinach
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until soft about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and water. Cover and cook until peas are soft about 7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Cover, cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take off burner. Transfer to serving dish, and add salt, pepper and butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side