If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was my turn to make a green vegeatble dish for Thanksgiving this year and I have always wanted to make this for a crowd. This is so rich and decadently delicious. Not a healthy choice, but it really hits the spot. The garlic and sour cream really make the dish. —ADRIENE
9 oz. bags baby spinach
garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
yellow onion (small dice)
ounces parmesan shredded
cups half & half
cup sour cream
teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to a boil. Blanch the spinach in at least 4 batches and shock in ice water. Drain and squeeze out all of the excess water.
- Get a large pot on the stove and melt the butter on medium heat. Add in the diced onion and cook for 15 minutes, until caramelized.
- Add the sliced garlic cloves and pepper flakes, cook for a few minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Keep flames low and continue to whisk until it thickens up and comes to a boil.
- Add the cheese and whisk together. Now add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the seasonings are adjusted turn off the flame and add in the sour cream. Enjoy!