If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Elegant and delicious, this would be a great main dish for a dinner or brunch. —freshandfoodie
- 1 piece Frozen puffed pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces various mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- mixed greens
- poached eggs
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold the pastry and cut it into 4 rectangles (or squares, depending on the size of your pastry). Place the pastry on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet and, using a fork, prick the dough all over.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallot and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute more.
- Dividing evenly, sprinkle the pastry squares with half the cheese, leaving a ½-inch border on each. Top with the mushroom mixture and remaining cheese. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve each tart topped with a poached egg and a side of mixed greens.