Five Two Essential Cookware
Our cookware is the result of decades of kitchen know-how, feedback from thousands of members of our community of home cooks, and countless rounds of testing to get it all right (see: stay-cool, non-slip handles, rivetless interiors, and built-in strainers). And because we know you need options, we rounded out our collection with both nonstick and stainless styles. They’re true workhorses that cover all your bases in a single, cohesive—and absolutely beautiful—design.
We’ve added tons of features you’ll only find here:
* Fully clad, tri-ply stainless steel construction: Each design is an ultra-sturdy 3mm thick with a stable base, thanks to two layers of stainless steel plus a highly conductive aluminum core that heats up evenly (no hot spots).
* Rivet-free, the way to be: Welded-on handles make for an easy-to-clean interior—no buildup, no gunk—and a seamless, modern look.
* Stay-cool, non-slip handles: A “V” shape at the base lets air circulate, while the textured, stonewashed finish and gentle curvature feel great in-hand.
* Made with clean, non-toxic materials: Thanks to the diamond-infused ceramic coating—made from sand!—our two nonstick options are non-toxic and will never blister or peel, even at temperatures up to 600°F (unlike traditional nonstick). They’re also metal-utensil safe. Diamond reinforcement adds durability, but also allows for superior browning (it is roughly 4x more conductive than copper).
* Anti-yellowing technology: We treated each piece with color-stable technology, an all-over heat-resistant application that prevents discoloration and keeps your cookware looking brand-new.
* Glass lids...but better: 57% of our community members asked for them—so we made ours in tempered glass. They’re lightweight, tight-fitting, and oven- safe up to 390°F, plus they let you keep an eye on the action without releasing heat and moisture. And yes, that’s a built-in strainer right there on the lip of the stock pot and saucepan.
Photography by Rocky Luten, Ty Mecham
Details & Materials -
Ultra-thick 3mm tri-ply stainless steel with aluminum core | Solid-cast stainless handles with stonewashed finish | Diamond-infused ceramic nonstick coating (Toxin-free: no PTFE, PFOA, PFAS, lead, or cadmium used.) | Felt Pan protectors (included with any nonstick.)
10” Nonstick Skillet: 10”D x 1.75”H x 18”L (with handle), Handle: 8”; Body 2.8lbs.
12” Covered Skillet (Nonstick or Stainless): 12”D x 2”H x 19.75”L (with handle), Handle: 7.75”, Lid: 12”D x 2.5”H; Body 3.4lbs, lid 2lbs.
3QT Saucepan: Holds 2.7QT exactly. 8”D x 3.75”H x 15.25”L (with handle), Handle: 7”, Lid: 8”D x 2”H; Body 2.7lbs, lid 1lb.
4QT Sauté Pan: 10”D x 3”H x 20”L (with handle), Handle: 8.25”, Lid: 10”D x 2”H; Body 3.8lbs, lid 1.5lbs.
6QT Stock Pot: 9.75”D x 5.25”H x 13.25”L (with handle), Lid: 9.75”D x 2.75”H; Body 4.9lbs, lid 1.4lbs.
Psst! The lid of the 4QT sauté also is also designed to fit the 10” nonstick skillet for added convenience.
The 10” + 12” Nonstick Skillet Set comes with: 10” Nonstick Skillet with Pan Protector and 12" Covered Nonstick Skillet with Lid and Pan Protector.
The 10" Nonstick + 12" Covered Stainless Skillet Set comes with: 10" Nonstick Skillet with Pan Protector and 12" Covered Stainless Skillet with Lid.
The 7-piece Core Set comes with: 10” Nonstick Skillet with Pan Protector, 4QT Sauté Pan with Lid, 3QT Saucepan with Lid, and a 6QT Stock Pot with Lid.
The 11-piece Complete Set comes with: 10” Nonstick Skillet with Pan Protector, 12” Covered Nonstick Skillet with Lid and Pan Protector, 12” Covered Stainless-Steel Skillet with Lid, 4QT Sauté Pan with Lid, 3QT Saucepan with Lid, and a 6QT Stock Pot with Lid.
Care & Notes
Compatible with all cooktops, including induction. Oven and broiler safe to 600°F (Lids are oven- safe up to 390°F).
Each pan, pot, and lid can be tossed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning or hand-washed in warm, soapy water. (While our nonstick pans are dishwasher-safe, we highly recommend hand-washing to keep them looking its best.) Let the pieces you’ve cooked with come to room temperature before rinsing—a cold shock can cause hot surfaces to warp.
To get rid of build-up, fill the pot or pan with hot, soapy water and let it sit on a dry surface. Then scrub it down with the soft side of a sponge. Avoid steel wool, steel scouring pads, and harsh detergents. Stubborn residue and exterior stains can be removed with a nylon scrubbing pad and a powdered cleanser like Bar Keepers Friend.
To help your nonstick pans live as many years as possible, use them over a low-to-medium heat setting with a splash of oil or butter, and avoid cooking sprays—over time, they can damage the coating.
Shipping & Returns
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Plus crispy, smoky chickpeas for a little contrast.
Thanks to a Genius ingredient switcheroo.
Five Two Essential Cookware
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryThe Absolute Best Way to Fry an Egg, According to 42 Tests
So Hot Right Now
Genius RecipesThe Genius Granola With a Cult Following