If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
There's a lot we want to tackle in 2016. Next year could be the year we learn to make our own croissants; it could be the one we build our own table. The first things we're itching to tick off? These recipes. Here are the first that will be hitting our stoves and ovens—the first that will be messing up our kitchens. Join us, won't you?
Amanda H.: That brown butter butternut squash pull-apart bread thingy. So damn good. And more cooking with nuts and seeds and grains.
Kenzi: +1 pull-apart thingy. I honestly cannot stop thinking about it.
I want to make more yogurt bread! That is not flashy or wild and doesn't require acquiring some new skill, but I have this vision in my head of the person who has it all together: The pillows on her couch are always fluffed, she has a little spot for the keys (they always go in the same place), and she bakes yogurt bread, weekly. I will resume some such plan in 2016.
Sarah: Oh gosh, so many things. All the things I tell you all I am going to make and NEVER EVER do. It's mostly because the ingredients are prohibitively expensive or elusive, or because I am a bad combination of overly ambitious and pretty darn lazy!
But in 2016, maybe I will accomplish great things like...
- The nori granola from Near and Far.
- Remember when I told Amanda Sims I was going to can drunken pineapple sauce to give away as edible gifts?
- If I ever make these cardamom doughnuts, there will be nothing left to dream about. I will retire.
- Vegan Date-Nut Loaf
- Chewy Layered Roti and Kickass Dip (I tasted this at a photoshoot and having been dreaming of it ever since.)
- Salted Chocolate Rye Cookies
- A real loaf of bread that you have to KNEAD and NURTURE
- Sweet potato baba ghanoush
- English muffin bread
- Matcha granola bars
- The entire remainder of my Pinterest board devoted to the kind of food I wish I made.
- Blueberry Schlumpf
- Lucky Peach's Odd Flavor Sauce
- Chocolate Dump-It Cake
- The coconut-lime dressing from this rice salad.
- Bananas with Brown Sugar and Cream
I think about these five recipes literally every time I'm at the grocery store, but have had a reason not to get the ingredients every time. 2016 is my year, though!
What's on your list this year? Give us the rundown in the comments!