If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making roasted butternut squash and red onions with spinach and dried cranberries. One day I had some leftover quinoa and decided to add everything together. Delicious! —Anna Watson Carl
- 2 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the butternut squash and onion on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with the cayenne, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, steam the spinach for 1-2 minutes until bright green and slightly wilted. Drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a large bowl combine the squash, onion, spinach, dried cranberries, quinoa, and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature. (This is also delicious with toasted pine nuts!)
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.