If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recently, I made a big batch of dumplings for a chinese potluck we had at our place. I had never prepared dumplings at home. But, we do love stir-fried dumplings a lot. Once you have the gyoza wrappers at home , it is very easy to prepare these dumplings with some asian ingredients. I did lot of research on how to make delish dumplings using all veggie stuff. And, this is the final product of my recipe. - PistachioDoughnut
- 1 packet Frozen Dumpling wrappers round ones, defrosted
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Bak Choy, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped shallots or bunch of ramps, chopped both the green and white part
- 1 cup scallions, white and green parts
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped, you can alsouse fresh garlic scape as it is available right now.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for pan-frying
- Take oil in a pan, add the chopped shallots/ramps, cook them for a minute or so, add the carrots, mushrooms and bak choy also. Everything should be very finely chopped. Add chives, garlic and ginger and remove it form heat.
- Add, the sauce and vinegar. Season it well and mix it thoroughly.
- Take the gyoza wrappers, and on another side keep some water ready in a small bowl as we would need it while sealing the wrappers.
- Take the filling, and placea teaspoon of it, exactly in the middle of the wrapper. with the help of water brush the edges . Seal it right from the middle part and with the help of one of the thumbs, press the filling inside and with the same hand's index finger make pleats towards the middle/center sealed part. Make about two or three pleats on each side of dumpling. And, there will be a pointy end of the wrapper on each side, simply push the pointed side exactly in the middle and this will form a final pleat and seal the dumpling. Press it well.
- It is very tricky but easy. All the pleats would be formed only on one side of the dumpling.Once all the dumplings are wrapped and filled , place them on floured surface or wax paper , cover them with damp cloth or a plastic so as to not dry them out. Finish making all.
- Now, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick pan, once the oil is hot enough place the dumplings on flat side. Cook it for about 2 minutes till a nice crust is formed on bottom.
- After one minute or so, pour less than 1/4 cup water on them and immediately cover them a let them cook for a minute. Do not pour too much water or they will turn out soggy. Turn the heat to medium , at this point. Open the lid , cook them for another 30 secs and till the water has evaporated. Once you are through pan-frying first batch, simply wipe off the pan with a cotton towel and then pan-fry another batch.
- Serve hot off the pan with some soy sauce/scallion dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
A Girl and Her Greens
April Bloomfield gets reckless with vegetables and we like it.
Shop Spring Cleaning
A Stuffable Side Dish
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Save Your Stems