If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
We asked you what we should make with our Local Roots' CSA and you had a lot of great ideas. You told us to roast, to grill, to grind, and to boil. But the vegetables were too good (and too bright!) not to eat raw. And so we made salad. We made a lot of salad.
Here's what we've done so far (and we promise we'll try be more creative next week...maybe):
- Shaved beets (Chiogga and yellow), cucumbers, and radishes
- Diced rainbow chard stems
- Sliced avocado
- Dressing made from shallot yogurt thinned with olive oil and lemon juice
- Plus, Merrill's Chard Salad with Garlic Breadcrumbs and Parmesan, made with our rainbow chard
- Roasted broccoli and garlic
- Croutons made from old miche
- Ricotta salata
- Sliced carrots
- Pesto dressing made of carrot tops, garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and savory yogurt
- Hard-boiled Good Eggs eggs
- Peter Miller's Lentils Folded in Yogurt, Spinach, and Basil—leftover from a shoot—on the side
- Chopped scallions that had been macerated in lemon juice
- Julienned kohlrabi
- Shaved squash
- Romesco vinaigrette made with leftover romesco sauce thinned with olive oil and lemon juice
- Leftover pita fried in oil
What are you making with your CSA share? Tell us in the comments below!