Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- We got some serious not-recipe breakfast inspiration—enough to get us up on these newly dark mornings.
- The Haiku Guys sang the praises of mustard in seventeen syllables.
- Homemade harissa also had its time in the sun (though admittedly not in haiku form).
- Alice Medrich convinced us that we should make our own nut flours: They're cheaper and fresher-tasting.
- We never thought we'd even consider forgoing toast—but Amanda made an excellent case for eating Rice Krispies with our eggs.
- Kristen taught us the best way to store lettuce (but it might be controversial).
- We gleaned pasta-making tips from some of our favorite cookbooks.
- Thanks to Samantha Seneviratne, we learned to make perennial fair favorite funnel cake at home.
- Food52ers love card games! Samantha told us what we should eat with our favorites.
- Just in time for Rosh Hashanah, we found a Genius, no-knead challah (that's just as good as French toast).
- Sarah gave us a craving for rice pudding (and home). She also gave us big, back-of-the-throat tear balls.
- And Riddley told us just why we need a pastry blender. It's not just for pastry anymore.
- Martha—yep, that Martha—spoke some wise words. We listened.
- Ali turned our favorite brunch cocktail into a salad, and we're forever indebted to her.
- We finally! finally! have a guide to finding the right craft beer.
- We had to try (hard) not to hop planes to Seattle after reading Hannah Petertil's travel guide to the city.
- And now we're tempted to tile everything in our homes.
- Yossy Arefi did it again: She made the cinnamon-raisin swirl bread of our dreams.
- Our office designer Brad Sherman taught us how to DIY minimalist frames for poster-sized prints.
- We're convinced that even non-bakers need our forthcoming Baking book.
- We learned how to trade non-local, non-sustainable fish for local, sustainable ones.
Monday photo by James Ransom; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday photos by Bobbi Lin; Friday photo by Yossy Arefi