Here at Food52, we love Halloween. We're already making lists of things we want to make, candies we want to eat (and the wines we want to pair them with), and deciding what our costume (or not-costume) will be—and we've rounded up all sorts of spooky things to help get you in the spirit. All that's left? Waiting for the doorbell to ring.
Here are some easy ways you can still prep for Halloween...
Shop the Story
1. Power drill a pumpkin lantern. If you haven't carved your pumpkins yet (or even if you have and they're threatening to mold before the 31st) pull out your power drill for some quick, twinkly lantern making. We've also got the cutest (food!) stencils in town.
2. Set a spooky dinner table. Rustle up some smoky tumblers for eerie imbibing, then follow this recipe for a centerpiece that's creepy in all the right ways.
3. Get a little mad-scientist in the kitchen. DIY grenadine will add a drop of blood to your favorite cocktails, and we've also got tricks to make all sorts of treats.
5. Scratch that—stay in and make a cake. If you're not planning on going out, why not make a hair-raisingly good cake instead? Don't forget to display it for all your devilish guests on a ghostly cake stand.
6. Dream about bestovers. Once you come down off that sugar high, it's time for bed. Curl up under this bat mobile and dream about what you want to do with all that extra candy.
What are your favorite ways to celebrate Halloween? Tell us in the comments below!