If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
There's nothing like Halloween to make you feel old and washed-up. Because as much as your inner child wants to be outside collecting candy like it's your birthright, if you're over 20 and you follow social norms, you're trapped at home or at a lame party. And this confinement makes you shake your fist at all the rascals wreaking havoc, ringing your doorbell, and making your dog bark uncontrollably.
So how can you avoid hating Halloween? Invite some friends over (costumes optional), put on Hocus Pocus, and make a couple of festive recipes that will remind you of the joys of being a kid and of the perks of being an adult.
Here are 15 reasons (and 15 recipes) why it's not so bad to stay in on Halloween:
1. Because you can eat giant chicken fingers under the name "Parmesan-crusted chicken breasts":
2. Because you know that cabbage can actually taste good:
3. Because pumpkins are for more than carving:
4. Because you no longer call beans "the magical fruit":
5. Because you developed a taste for Sriracha:
6. Because you're no longer scared of brussels sprouts:
7. Because sometimes you'd rather have alcohol than candy:
8. Because you can use a mandoline without adult supervision:
9. Because trick-or-treating can be kind of cold and miserable:
10. Because you can have as much ice cream as you want:
11. Because you can make your Crunch Bars as crunchy as you want them:
12. But you can also appreciate dark chocolate:
13. Because you're creative enough to make candy without a recipe:
14. Because it's at least a little more likely that you have intricate cake-decorating skills:
15. Because you feel comfortable impaling apples:
What are your Halloween traditions? Share with us in the comments below!