There are a few requirements for a perfect noodle soup:
1. The ratio of noodles to other things should be 1:1.
2. The broth should have lots going for it on its own.
3. The soup should absorb whatever leftovers or half-empty containers are living in your pantry or fridge (like Thanksgiving turkey).
4. It should warm you right to your center. This might also mean fogging up your glasses.
5. There should be lots of slurping involved.
Here are some of our most favorite, slurpiest noodle soups, the ones that tick all the boxes, make our cheeks rosy and our noses run, and are the next best thing to a wool sweater:
What's your go-to noodle soup? Give us a not-recipe in the comments.
Whether you're in the mood for some soup-simmering, leaf-peeping, or nothing at all, your dream weekend awaits...View Guide