Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site this week.
- Today was definitely a day of learning. To start, Taylor Rondestvedt gathered our best tricks to make all sorts of better salads without any recipes.
- And then Alice Medrich told us about a technique for tahini meringues that will have you making these basic sugar treats every which way.
- While Erin McDowell told us which specialty baking products are actually worth seeking out.
- Oh, and our Design & Home Editor, Amanda Sims, gave us some better ways to bring the outdoors in (better, that is, than a fiddle leaf fig).
- Mother’s Day is on the way! We offered some heartfelt advice to help you get you prepared.
- And Leslie Stephens shared a few care package ideas perfect for a multitude of moms (yours and otherwise).
- We also learned a pretty cool tofu trick.
- And gave you a simple, spud-based recipe to help you eat well for a week.
- We decluttered our kitchens, and breathed at least ten times easier.
- Our Creative Director, Kristen Miglore, taught us about some tofu-filled Genius waffles that just so happen to be vegan.
- And Caroline Lange gave us everything we need to know to throw a dinner party this spring.
- Which is good news, because we wanted to take some time to celebrate culinary luminary and vegetable-lover Deborah Madison's induction to the James Beard Foundation's Cookbook Hall of Fame.
- Our Managing Editor, Kenzi Wilbur, gave us the lowdown on how the James Beard Awards really work in a new episode of Burnt Toast!.
- And we pondered the best ways to eat pound cake—but all of the ways are really the best ways.
- Leslie Stephens told us about a peculiar, maritime ingredient.
- And we promised to take better care of our butcher block counters from here on out.
- All the fresh air and sunshine this week have us feeling like regular spring chickens.
- Ali Slagle gave us the rundown of the five most exciting food books hitting shelves this spring.
- We wondered about a questionable new cake trend.
- And learned how to make a fancy mousse cake just in time for the weekend. Hooray!