Globalization versus regional specialities, bread versus booze, and more of the best things we read this week.
- Distilleries help many grain farmers stay financially soluble—but is there enough grain for booze and bread? [Eater]
- When "clean eating" and "wellness" start to blur into something less, well, well. [Vice Munchies]
- Whatever happened to freegans? [New Food Economy]
- Just in from the inimitable Harold McGee: Flavor happens in your brain, not on your tongue. [Lucky Peach]
- Does globalization mean we should erase food's cultural borders, too? [Quartz]
What are some of the best things you read this week? Share the stories in the comments.