If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Our newly formed Cookbook Club is over 6,000 members and growing—all cooking from Vivian Howard’s Deep Run Roots this month. And today, we'll get to talk with the author herself: Howard will be joining the group to chat and answer questions from 1 to 2 PM EST!
Want to join the conversation? It’s easy, just request to join the Food52 Cookbook Club Facebook group and we’ll approve you lickety-split.
We've seen hundreds of photos of dozens of different dishes from the book, but some of them keep popping up over and over again. If you've picked up the book but haven't decided what to make first, these ten recipes are popular in the group, so consider starting here:
- Blueberries and Cucumbers with Pistachios and Yogurt (pictured below)
- Citrus Sweet Potato Butter
- Crispy Ginger Rice with Leeks, Shiitakes, and a Fried Egg (pictured below)
- Healthy Soup
- Sweet Potato Onion Bread (pictured below)
- Blueberry BBQ Chicken (one member used up extra sauce in a cocktail!)
- Blueberry Rosemary Breakfast Pudding
- Avocado and Tomato with Broken-Egg Dressing (pictured below)
- Sweet Potato and Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- Charred Carrots with Apple Brown-Butter Vinaigrette
Within the Facebook group, we talk about the recipes all day long, but at least one group of Food52ers has gotten together offline to do so as well. You can see a few photos from their Deep Run Roots gathering below.
We've still got a week to enjoy cooking through Deep Run Roots, but if you're wondering what's up next, earlier this month, hundreds of community members shared nearly 1,000 cookbook suggestions in a vote to decide the next books we’ll cover in the club. (We’ll be announcing the next 3 books at the beginning of April here on the site, but you can join the Facebook group and get an early heads-up on April’s book.)
Tell us: What's your favorite thing you've cooked from Deep Run Roots so far?