The time has come, campers, to huddle up once more, munch some final s'mores, and review what we've learned from Samin Nosrat here at Camp Kitchen Confidence. Do you remember the four rules of camp? All together now: Salt! Fat! Acid! Heat!
Over the past month, Samin has led us through them, teaching us to...
- Season well (who wants to demonstrate the three salting motions?)
- Seek acid in many forms
- Cook low 'n slow (or screaming hot)
- Trust our eyes and noses all the while
- Let fat guide us as we riff in the kitchen
- Cook without a recipe, but rather with our instincts
My favorite part about these lessons is how small and how revelatory they feel—the sorts of things that creep their way into your repertoire without your having to forcibly put them there. And still, they make such a difference!
Below, all the lessons collected in one place for easy finding (and bookmarking, if you like). Even better, snatch up Samin's book, where there are a lot more lessons to learn and recipes to cook. Ready your bookmarks, and happy cooking!