Greetings, fellow Food52ers,
So nice to meet you! I’m honored to be part of your world of kitchen creativity, support, and snacks. I’ve been a fan of this smart, funny, friendly brand for years—and while I'm not the expert chef/baker/pasta maker that some of you are (true story: the day I accepted this gig, I burned dinner), I’m a proud home cook who tries to wring a little joy out of each minute she spends in the kitchen. People in this community talk about cooking as a practice; for me, letting a pot of deliciousness bubble away on the stove while I noodle around in my pantry is as close as I get to serenity found.
I joined the Food52 team in August, just in time for the holiday ramp-up, so we’ve been a liiiittle busy dreaming up some pretty grand plans—many of which you’ll see take shape in 2018. Today, I’m excited to share a few things we’ve been working on for this season:
- Food52’s Automagic Thanksgiving Menu Maker is here. Let this clever menu-ator do its thing, and it’ll simplify the way you think through your big feast—or even inspire a new Thanksgiving favorite.
- Our Holiday Helper Newsletter: Sign up to get our best and most trusted tips on all things holiday, from what size turkey to buy to how to host a stress-free get-together.
- First Dibs Fridays: Whether you’re looking to get going on gift shopping or spruce up your own place, don’t miss these limited-run kitchen and home finds, hand-picked by our Shop team. Sign up for our emails to be the first to know.
And there’s so much more to come:
- I can't wait to share How We Holiday later this month. This storytelling series highlights the many different forms celebrations can take, with warm, thoughtful tales from our community. Expect to see some names you recognize.
- The Holiday Swap, our community-wide gift exchange, will enter its seventh year—keep an eye out for sign-up details next week.
- The Food52 team is gearing up to take all of your Thanksgiving Hotline questions, starting Sunday, November 19th.
- Last but not least, the recipe contests will be back in January. (More soon on how we're revamping them—I hope you’re as excited as I am.)
So expect to see plenty of me around these halls in the coming months. Let me know what you like, what you don’t, and what you’d love to see more of; in turn, I’ll do my best to keep you in the loop about what’s coming down the pike. And if you’re in the New York area this weekend, drop by the Bloomingdale’s flagship on Saturday—I’ll be sharing some tricks on whipping up breakfast for a crowd, and I’d love to say hello in person.