What is the best way to make a vegan puréed kale soup?

Spices?

asked by madonia almost 7 years ago

This soup is great with any kind of greens, including kale -- just substitute olive oil for the butter to make it vegan: http://www.epicurious.com...

lloreen

I think the best thing about kale is its texture so I might make a base of garlic, onions, vegetable broth and potatoes, then puree that and add finely shredded kale at the end so that you have a combination of smooth and crunchy. There are great recipes for potato and kale soup with chorizo...just leave out the chorizo and maybe add some red pepper flakes and a little paprika as a spice to make up for the missing sausage.