🔕 🔔

What is the best way to make a vegan puréed kale soup?

Spices?

asked by madonia over 6 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

This soup is great with any kind of greens, including kale -- just substitute olive oil for the butter to make it vegan: http://www.epicurious.com...

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

I think the best thing about kale is its texture so I might make a base of garlic, onions, vegetable broth and potatoes, then puree that and add finely shredded kale at the end so that you have a combination of smooth and crunchy. There are great recipes for potato and kale soup with chorizo...just leave out the chorizo and maybe add some red pepper flakes and a little paprika as a spice to make up for the missing sausage.