🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: One-Bite Cheddar & Prosciutto Shortbreads from Lapadia

D253b012 2793 4f7d a972 93af3f006c09  cheddar prosciutto

These look wonderful and I want to make them and send them to friends. Do you think they will travel well? Should I have them cooled when shipping?

asked by SKK almost 6 years ago

9acfdd05 7247 4ff2 9a6c 9141e73a07c8  52 photo

Hi SKK!

Hmmm, well shortbread cookies can be stored airtight for about a week. These ones have
the cheese and proscuitto...but they are baked, and the proscuitto is
browned off even before being baked. I am thinking they shouldn't need to be
chilled, although it probably wouldn't hurt. WOW...this is a great question
to ask the HOTLINE, I am interested to see what anybody else has to say :)

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I wish I knew the answer to this one! Why don't bake off a quarter batch and store it in a sealed container for a few days on the counter and see what happens?

I'm back! After Googling and checking out a few sites, which, btw, were good at telling me exactly what we already know for sure. So, I have come to a conclusion to follow the “temperature rules” = keep hot food hot and cold food cold to keep out of the “danger zone”.