Crystalized Jam

I have half a jar of refrigerated Sarabeth's jam that I use in a Lottie+Doof cookie recipe. I was going to bake the cookies today, but the jam has crystalized. I know there's a way to correct sugared honey, but jam?
If it can't be fixed, can I use it like it is? It tastes fine. The jam is placed on top of the cookie before it's baked.

asked by Louisa about 7 years ago

Chefbaltz

just put it in a microwave-safe glass dish and heat it for a bit. it might thin out too much, but let it set at room temp and it should be fine to use.

Louisa

Thanks for the advice--I'll give it a whirl.

bigpan

Heat the jam in a pot of simmering water.

Louisa

Thank you--I can see this could work as well. Love this jam--so glad to have options.

Louisa

Ok. I started with the first suggestion--microwave--and it worked. I put the jar of jam (sans lid) in the microwave and did two 30 second intervals. Am happy to report the jam has new life.
Am sure the jar in simmering water would have worked as well. I'll make these cookies tomorrow.
Thanks, all.