🔕 🔔

I am planning a second attempt at souffle- the first time, the top browned but the inside remained raw. I have heard it is best to cook them

asked by Erica,Schneid almost 6 years ago

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Your question got cut off. Can we still help you? What have you heard is the best way to cook them?

Thx, I didn't know it was cut off! I've heard it's best to cook them in the bottom third of the oven so they rise and the tops don't burn- thoughts?

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Yes, that's true. Was your first attempt at the top of the oven? When you "get" it, you won't have that problem. You might have some rise more than others, but you shouldn't have one that's raw in the middle and done (or overdone) on top.

Thanks- my first attempt was with the rack in the middle. My other concern is that I have an older gas stove and the heat is pretty concentrated on the bottom. I'm thinking I'll just have to experiment and see what happens :)